Friday 23 October 2015

Photoshop - Colour Manipulation

Photoshop - Colour Manipulation

Colour manipulation can be done using photoshop. To create these effects, I selected the 'select' tool on the bar on the left hand side of photoshop. I then used to the 'select' tool to outline the areas which I wanted to keep the colour. Once I had selected the area, I went to 'select' then 'inverse'. I then added a black and white filter which made the background turn black and white as the area that I had previously selected, remain in colour. In some images, I then manipulated the colours to change them (for example, in the photo of the postbox). 

Colour manipulation can be used to draw the audience's eye and add focus to specific areas in an image which makes images more effective and eye-catching. 

Below shows some images where I have used colour manipulation. 





1 comment:

  1. Chloe this is excellent, and just wha I want to see students doing, you might also want to post an example of how you achieved this outcome using screen prints... to do this set up a techniques blog and show how you transformed the image using screen prints... well done

    ReplyDelete