Tuesday 20 October 2015

Reflection - Image Bank

Reflection - Image Bank

I really like this image due to the shape of the object that the images are reflected in. This makes the image very interesting as it allows the distortion of the reflection which therefore gives the image an abstract feel. I also think that the colours in the image allow it to be very bold and striking.

I think that this image is extremely effective due to the interesting subjects that are being photographed. I really like the boldness of the reflections as they are very eye-catching and therefore draw in the viewers eye. I also think that the bright white of the swans stands out well against the dull background which therefore allows them to appear bold and striking. 

I really like this image due to the strange perspective created. I especially like how you can see the umbrella which gives a reflection as it allows the viewer to get a sense of depth. I like how the figure and the sky are also part of the image as it allows the theme of reflection to be clearer.

I really like the colours in this image as I feel they assist the accurate reflection to be formed. I really like how the clouds are reflected as it gives a realistic feel to the reflection. Also I think that the bright area in the sky helps to add definition to the bike silhouettes as well as their reflection.

I really like this image and would like to try and recreate it during my shoot. I especially like the angle from which the image is taken as it gives a sense of scale and therefore portrays the idea of power with the image. Again, I really like the colouring of the image as it helps the viewer to stay focuses on the element of reflection, rather than being distracted by colour.

This image was taken by photographer Francesca Woodman. With this image, I feel that she touches on the idea of surrealism which I think is an important aspect of the element of reflection. During my shoot, I would like to try to recreate an image similar to this and for this reason, I feel that Woodman's work is very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment