Thursday 8 October 2015

Tone (studio shoot) - Straight Images - Best 5

Tone (studio shoot) - Straight Images

I took this image in the studio and used lighting to create tone in the image. I really like the image as I feel it gives an edgy feel. I also like how the light is coming from behind the doll as this way, it shows the darker side of the object and also gives a slight glow around the object which therefore focuses the eye to the main focus point of the image which is the doll. 

I used this object to explore tone further. I really like how in this image you are able to see the different shades and also can see the highlighted part on the object. Again, I took this during the studio shoot. I also edited this image to black and white which, in my opinion, made it look much more effective as it made the element of tone much more obvious.

I also made the image black and white. I think that this helped to show tone within the blacks and whites. I like the outcome and feel as though it is much more effective at portraying the formal element.

During the shoot, I developed the doll theme further by experimenting with another object. I like the way the hat shades the face as it creates another aspect of tone in the photograph. I especially also like how the hat blends into the background due to the manipulated lighting which I had set up in the studio. I also really like the shadows and shades which are in the doll's clothing.

I developed the theme of the mask by getting someone to wear it. I really like how this image has turned out and like how the light falls on the mask. I like how the mask is the most illuminated part of the image. This makes the mask the main focus point in the image and attracts the eye to the object in the image. I have edited the image to make it black and white (in the work diary). I think this looks more effective as it focuses the eye more on the aspect of tone rather than the colours which are in the original image.

I like this image as you are able to see the highlighted areas and the dark areas. I have edited this image in photoshop and given it a red tint which looks much more effective than the original as it allows the viewer to focus more on the element of tone in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment