Friday 20 November 2015

Connecting Essay 3

Connecting Essay 3 - Photojoiners

David Hockney's Photograph -

This image was captured by David Hockney and is a joiner. I like the use of the many images from different angles and different scales being combines in close proximity and I think that the use of the many images looks much more effective than if there were less photographs. I like how this joiner explores the face and human form as it, in a way, presents a different form of portraiture. I like how the images are in full colour and also like the background colour as it compliments the photographs. 

My Photograph -
This is my joiner which I created using multiple images. I like the varying scales and sizes of the photographs as this makes the overall image look more effective and interesting. I like how the audience can tell that the images fit together somewhat as this helps to create a more distorted look. I like how the background colour compliments the images as I think that the white helps to make the figure stand out more in the photograph. I also like how the photographs have been lit as I took them in the studio.  

The Connection -

Although the two images are not 100% connected, they still have some very similar aspects. The main difference between the two is that Hockney's image only shows the individuals face whereas my image shows the full body. The connection between the two is that they both show multiple images of a person which are put into a photo joiner. They also connect as the images have light backgrounds which look effective as it allows the audience to see the individually placed images which helps to make the images more effective as photo joiners. Also, although my image is more simplistic in comparison to the joiner by Hockney, they still both possess some very similar properties which include the individual photographs being taken at varying angles and with different scales in order for the joiners to look interesting and striking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment