Tuesday 24 November 2015

Define - Portraiture

Define - Portraiture

Portraiture - The art of painting or taking portraits.

My interpretation is that portraiture is a painting, drawing or photograph which focuses on an individual. It is usually predominantly of the face which helps to portray emotion and expression. 

Four Annotated Images

I really like how this portrait is original and shows an edit which adds interest to the image. I also like how this edit gives the idea of surrealism.  


I like this portrait and think the way that the light is used and the colours around the face makes the image more appealing. This therefore shows the importance of the framing used in addition to the actual portrait.

I like how this portrait is made up of multiple faces as it creates a more abstract interpretation of portraiture. I also like the way that the image is in black and white as this shows tones within the faces. 


This image shows emotion and mood very well. I really like the fitter that has been applied to the image as it helps to show the various tones which are present in the face of the subject which helps to make the image more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment