Tuesday 29 September 2015

Form - Work Diary

Form - Work Diary

Evaluation

In Tuesday's session, I went out to photograph for the topic of 'form'. To begin with, I was unsure as to what I was going to photograph, but as the session went on, I found that there was some type of form everywhere I looked. I mostly enjoyed photographing examples of natural form as it allowed me to experiment with macro mode on the camera and get some close ups which I found very enjoyable. I found that I took lots of photos during the session for form as I found form almost everywhere that I looked. Below shows some examples of images that I captured during the session photographing 'form'.


I think that this is my favourite image for form as it shows a natural example. I really like the darker background in the photo as it helps to make the leaves in the for-ground stand out more and helps the element of form be portrayed more easily. When I took this image, I had the camera on macro mode which allowed me to get closer up and still get a lot of detail in my image. I also like the colours in this image as they are autumn colours and give the photograph a more creative feel.

I then tried my image in black and white. I like the image in these colours as I think it gives a creative feel. I thought that it would look better in black and white as I thought it would present form better. However, I actually prefer the photo in its original colours as I think it is more eye-catching.

I also really like this photo of the feather that I edited on photoshop. I think it presents form well as it shows the structure of the feather. To create this image, I used photoshop to select and manipulate selected colours. To do this, I used the 'quick selection tool' and selected the area I wanted to change. I then went to 'select' and then 'inverse' so that I cold make the background black and white. I could then change my image's colour by selecting 'hue and saturation'. 

This was one of my unsuccessful images of the shoot. The image is too dull and it is not clear what topic the photo is trying to portray. I think that it is possible that people may mistake the topic as being 'line' as the photograph presents line in many different ways but I do not feel that the intention of 'form' is clear in the image. In addition, I feel that the photograph is boring and lacks imagination and creativity and for this reason, does not attract the viewers eye.


Idea Development

If I were to shoot for the topic of 'form' again, I would perhaps try to base my shoot on natural examples. To do this I would try to shoot leaves, tree trunks, flowers and even fruits and vegetables. I think this would provide me with an interesting and imaginative focus for my shoot. When I had completed my shoot, I would also experiment with my images on photoshop and would assess what they looked like in black and white with the hope that the contours in the image would appear more obvious. Below shows some images which, if I were to shoot for 'form' again, I would try to base my work on.





1 comment:

  1. Chloe although these photographs are well executed, to me they reference, pattern more than form...?

    ReplyDelete