Sunday 31 January 2016

Fourth Plinth - Composite Images - Fairy

Fourth Plinth - Composite Images - Fairy

For this shoot, I decided to use some of my previous images which I captured for the landscapes topic and add in an object which in my case was a little angel keyring which I positioned in a range of settings using photoshop. I used the burn tool to make the pasted image look as though it belonged in the setting and also to create shadows within the image in order to make it look slightly more realistic. I like how the below images that I have created can be thought have a link to the Cottingley Fairies. This is an idea I would like to use as inspiration later in the topic.


This is one of my favourite images which I have created. I like how the two images were taken at the same angle which makes the two fit together much better. I also like the fact that the fairy looks surreal, but still realistic as the positioning of the fairy has helped to make the image look effective.


I like this image as at first glance, the image is normal but when you look closer, you can see the fairy on the bottom left hand corner. I like how the surreal element of the image is less obvious and is more hidden. I like this a sit makes the image more mysterious and interesting. I used the burn tool to make the fairy look as though it were perched on the little branch. 

I like this image as it is very interesting and the colours are very bold. I like the way that the fairy appears to be perching on the leaves and looking out into the distance. I feel that the image shows thought which is portrayed through the fairy looking out and by the viewer not being able to see its face. I also like how you are able to see the fairy's wings in this image as it   presents the element of fantasy which I have tried to portray in the images.  I also used the burn tool in this image to show the shadow on the leaves which makes the idea of the fairy sitting on the leaf look more realistic. 


I also like this image which I created using photoshop as I like the less obvious element of the fairy in the photograph. I like how the fairy is positioned in the top left hand corner as it takes the viewer a little while to find the surreal element of the image. I chose to position the fairy so it appeared to be sitting on  one of the trees branches.

Evaluation

Overall, I am very pleased with my first attempt at final outcomes for composite images. I like the element of fantasy that my chosen object has bought to the images. For the images which I created, I used photographs which I previously took for the topic of landscapes and added in the images of the fairy, which I took in the studio, to the landscape setting. To begin with, I found creating the composite images using photoshop quite challenging but after a while, found it to be second nature and also found that I could do it quite easily. While creating my images, I also perfected the art of using the burn tool in order to make the fairy appear as though it belonged in the settings which I chose. I like how the four images which I have created all link with each other as this makes them interesting. I hope to develop this idea further in the future and will use the idea from the 'Cottingley Fairies' as inspiration. Overall, I am really pleased with my first outcomes for the topic of the fourth plinth.  

1 comment:

  1. well done, good progression, as discussed in our 1 to 1's you should look at the Cottingley Fairies and try to reproduce the images using larger scale models as this will enable you to create a composition with more detail...

    ReplyDelete