Tuesday 5 January 2016

Documentary Photography - My Life

Documentary Photography - My Life

For my project on documentary photography, I chose to photograph within the topic of 'My Life'. For this, I chose to capture the outdoor element of my life. My series of images includes photographs of members of my family as well as photographs of animals which are part of my lifestyle. 















Evaluation

Overall, I feel that my series of photographs were successful at portraying my life. I really like the way that it includes photographs of family members, animals and also captures the environment. I especially like the composition of the images as I feel that these help to create interesting and eye-catching images. Some of the images also have leading lines and distinctive curves within them. This helps to make the images attractive and original. In addition, I tried to make the images interesting by ensuring that my photographs included eye-catching backgrounds. I also created more interest in some of my images by using narrow depth of field to allow certain things to be in focus which therefore helps to draw the viewers eye to certain areas. When I captured my images, I firstly ensured that it was a bright or sunny day as this helped me to create eye-catching and effective images. Finally, I edited my final images in order to make them brighter and more vibrant and in many cases, I adjusted the curves and contrast of the image. I am pleased with my final series as an outcome as I feel it shows a clear theme and therefore documents my lifestyle very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment