Friday 12 February 2016

Physical Image Experiments - Straight Images

Physical Images


This image was inspired by Dyren Goodwin who physically manipulates images. especially portraits, and scratches into them. For this image which I did, I used scissors to scratch into the photo. I slightly altered from the artist style and mainly scratched into the background rather than the face. I overall like this image and feel it looks effective in black and white.


This image was also inspired by Dyren Goodwin. I like this image as the shadowed side of the face is scratched in by hand which makes the image look very effective and interesting. You could think by looking at this image that the figure is trying to hide their identity due to the majority of the face being in shadow and also the facial features having been scratched in.


For this image, I screwed up the image and then opened it back out. I like the way that by doing this, some of the black ink had come off the photograph and also like how this makes the image look old and worn. I like the way that this effect makes the image have a sort of polaroid effect as this makes it look interesting. I also like the fact that you are able to see some texture in the image.


For this image, I burnt out the reflection of the person. I liked the idea of this as it could be thought to link to the idea of lacking or forgotten identity. I think this image could be thought to relate to the 'Chinese Photobook' as this also saw people being cut out of images which could therefore relate to the image above.


I manipulated this image by painting into the image. I painted a ghostly figure into the image in black and white. I think that this looks effective as the painted figure is slightly hidden due to the whole image being in black and white. I think that this image looks very effective and I am pleased with the outcome.


This physical manipulation was quite simple to do and shows colourful paint splatters. I like the contrast between the colourful splatters against the bold black and white image. Although this edit has no hidden meaning, I think that it looks very effective and interesting.


I then edited this image, again by painting onto it. I used the paint to make the horse in the image appear similar to a Red Indian horse. This idea was inspired by an artist called Marcia Baldwin who paints horses in this style. Overall, I really like the image and think it is very interesting and also quite striking to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment